Search NNB NEWS

FROZEN IN TIME

This Site is Frozen in Time, please head over to the main site for current news

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Britney Spears asked judge to end her conservatorship during her first court appearance

The pop star Britney Spears (39 years old) addressed her conservatorship 13-year for nearly 30-minutes, for the first time in open court on Wednesday, June 23. Appearing remotely, she asked the judge to end her conservatorship, saying “I’m so angry, it’s insane.” Spears’ father has had control over all major aspects of the singer’s life since 2008 when a Los Angeles court ordered a conservatorship following her public breakdown. "I've lied and told the whole world I'm OK and I'm happy," she said, adding: "I'm not happy. I can't sleep. I'm depressed. I cry every day."

The JUDGE said; "Ms. Spears, you're quite welcome. And also, I just want to tell you that I certainly am sensitive to everything that you said and how you're feeling and I know that it took a lot of courage for you to say everything you have to say today, and I want to let you know that the court does appreciate your coming on the line and sharing."

Justin Timberlake, Brandy, Mariah Carey, Halsey and more stars are speaking out in support of Britney Spears and the #FreeBritney movement in the wake of the star’s public comments about her conservatorship.

Justin Timberlake spoke out; "After what we saw today, we should all be supporting Britney at this time. Regardless of our past, good and bad, and no matter how long ago it was… what’s happening to her is just not right. No woman should ever be restricted from making decisions about her own body. No one should EVER be held against their will… or ever have to ask permission to access everything they’ve worked so hard for. Jess and I send our love, and our absolute support to Britney during this time. We hope the courts, and her family make this right and let her live however she wants to live." Mariah Carey said; "We love you Britney!!! Stay strong."

According to Celebrity Net WorthBritney Spears has an approximate net worth of $70 million.

No comments:

Post a Comment