Search NNB NEWS

FROZEN IN TIME

This Site is Frozen in Time, please head over to the main site for current news

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Lynchburg Ferry to Close for Major Improvements Starting February 25th to Late 2020


HOUSTON, Texas – The Lynchburg Ferry will be closed starting Tuesday, February 25th until late 2020 for necessary improvements to preserve the longevity of its operations. During this closure, crews will be reconstructing the approaches and transfer ramps that go onto and off the Lynchburg Ferry Boats. The $6 million project is a joint venture between Harris County Precinct 2 and the Texas Department of Transportation, who is overseeing the construction of the project. Drivers are reminded to use alternate routes during the closure. 





Alternate routes include: Traffic heading northbound:• (EZ Tag Only) Use SH-225 West to Sam Houston Tollway North back to I-10 East• Use SH-225 East to SH-146 North to Spur 330 North back to I-10 Traffic heading southbound:• (EZ Tag Only) Use I-10 West to Sam Houston Tollway South back to SH-225 East• Use I-10 East to Spur 330 South to SH-146 South back to SH-225 West.





Now some area residents are complaining on Harris County Pct 2 Facebook. Someone said; "why so long" and another person said; "Cut everyone off again." However, I-10 and other interstates or highways are open to and from Houston. Construction is important for improvements and the future for Harris County.






No comments:

Post a Comment