Search NNB NEWS

FROZEN IN TIME

This Site is Frozen in Time, please head over to the main site for current news

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Thomas Parent Running for City Council District 5


BAYTOWN - Earlier today, Thomas Parent announced publicly on social media, that he is running for District 5. Currently, Robert Hoskins is up for re-election.





Parent said in a Facebook post; "I am announcing my candidacy for Baytown City Council in District 5. As an 18-year Baytown resident, a graduate of Robert E. Lee High School and self-appointed local government activist - Baytown is my home, I have seen the explosive growth our city and region has experienced and I believe our best is yet to come. From getting residents involved and lowering MUD taxes to improving and passing school bonds to ensuring new development does not negatively impact residents, I have a proven track record of working for residents and being able to bridge gaps to deliver the best results for Baytown. My top priorities as a member of City Council would be working to support public safety, lower taxes and fees, engage citizens, preserve individual freedoms and property rights, and enhance residents' quality of life. There are a number of upcoming projects that I am excited to support such as our Public Safety Facility, the Animal Services & Adoption Center, Garth Road widening and multiple drainage projects. Over the years I have worked to stay informed of what is happening in our city and I believe I can hit the ground running for the residents of District 5. I look forward to visiting with as many of y'all as I can in a manner that is responsible given the current public health situation and I hope to earn your vote on November 3rd."





Parent said; "I ran for this same position in 2017 but lost and then ran for and won election to my local MUD board of which I am currently the President."


No comments:

Post a Comment